banner图片无法显示,请联系管理员

U58 Loud noise even in idle

u58enjoyer

My U58 is idling below 40C (CPU 38; GPU 37C), yet the fan is still running at a relatively loud noise and turning on and off steadily without any keyboard/mouse input. The temps must be low because the air on the exhaust port isn't warm at all, I am using the standard 15W cTDP. In Benchmarks I don't even reach 70C. Please give us the opportunity to change the fan curve, this curve is ungraceful. I get why you don't want to let everybody change fan curves but a fan turning on and off every 30 seconds is unbearable. Otherwise I am really happy about the U58, it looks great and works fabulous but the fan curve is completely ruining my experience with this Mini PC.
Best regards!

Alliwava

Administrator
Staff member
This is a constant temperature regulation, and below 40 degrees Celsius the fan gradually stops spinning. If the CPU power consumption is reduced to 15W, the CPU frequency must be reduced, which will lead to lower performance and affect the stability of the computer.

u58enjoyer

This is a constant temperature regulation, and below 40 degrees Celsius the fan gradually stops spinning. If the CPU power consumption is reduced to 15W, the CPU frequency must be reduced, which will lead to lower performance and affect the stability of the computer.
Even at less than 5W the fans are spinning. It takes 0 load for my U58s fans to start. If the fans started later at e.g. 45C it would still have no bad effect on stability. I beg you, please just give experienced users an accessible fan curve.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QUINHOS