banner图片无法显示,请联系管理员

Info about fan

suynad

Hi, I'm next to buy this U58. I want to ask owners or support if the fan can be controlled. If not, can someone test fan speed (with software like hwinfo, hwmonitor, aida, etc.) to see RPM speed of the fan while it's in idle, browsing and intense activity like gaming.
Also, is there some settings to lock the tdp of the cpu? For example to set it at 20W, or 10W etc. If i don't need all the power of the cpu to prevent from getting to hot and to have fan more quiet.
Thanks in advance.

Alliwava

Administrator
Staff member
The default TDP of the U58 is 28W and cannot be modified.
If you want to modify the fan speed and TDP, you need to update the BIOS, you can contact our technical team.

Note: Reducing the fan speed and TDP may cause CPU performance to slow down, and fail to dissipate heat in time when the temperature is too high, resulting in automatic restart.

suynad

The default TDP of the U58 is 28W and cannot be modified.
If you want to modify the fan speed and TDP, you need to update the BIOS, you can contact our technical team.

Note: Reducing the fan speed and TDP may cause CPU performance to slow down, and fail to dissipate heat in time when the temperature is too high, resulting in automatic restart.
Thanks for the answer. I only would have control, so for example if I want a more silent PC I can reduce tdp and lower speed of the fan. In other cases I can raise at normal levels and have full power. So is it another bios available? How to have it? Let me understand please.

Alliwava

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, another BIOS is required.
After you buy U58, provide the order number, and the after-sales personnel provide the new BIOS. Or leave a message in this forum.

suynad

Yes, another BIOS is required.
After you buy U58, provide the order number, and the after-sales personnel provide the new BIOS. Or leave a message in this forum.
Does this maintain warranty or changing bios can avoid it?
Btw I'm going to buy it on Amazon, but I guess it's the same for you. As I have it delivered I'll eventually contact for the bios

Andrea

"After you buy U58, provide the order number, and the after-sales personnel provide the new BIOS. Or leave a message in this forum"

hello, I did leave a message in the forum (see other thread) but nobody answered...
I bought the product but I really would like to have an unlocked BIOS. If needed I can provide serial number
thank you

Alliwava

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay in replying.
We need to modify a new BIOS to give to you today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
citizen