banner图片无法显示,请联系管理员

Adjust the fan speed(Update the BIOS)

seregaprog

Hello.
@Allivava, can you clarify what this BIOS update does?
Will this update allow me to adjust the fan speed from the BIOS? or does this update change the temperature limits for turning on the fan (if so, what will the modes be after the update?)?
Now my fan almost always spins at low speed, even in idle mode.

Thank you

Alliwava

Administrator
Staff member
Hello
The default BIOS cannot be modified.
Because the fan can automatically adjust the temperature of the computer, the fan speed will be accelerated when the temperature is high, and the fan speed will be automatically reduced when the temperature is low.
The above forum posts are tutorial only and do not modify the BIOS.
If there is nothing abnormal on your computer, it is not recommended to modify the BIOS.

If you want to know more, you can refer to this forum post.
U58 Ryzen 7 5800U AMI BIOS

seregaprog

Hello.
Thanks for the quick response.
I didn't understand. Does the BIOS version in the post above not contain changes from the default BIOS, or does it contain some changes? The post says that this version will adjust the fan speed. I wanted to clarify exactly what changes have been made?

PS. My computer is constantly running (24/7) without load, the fan turns on when the CPU temperature is about 30-31 degrees (in warm weather it rotates constantly). I would like to increase this threshold so that the fan starts rotating, for example, at a temperature of 40-45 degrees. In the current mode, it seems to me that the computer will quickly become clogged with dust

Alliwava

Administrator
Staff member
What we mean by this is that the computer can't manually adjust the fan speed by default.
You mean you need a newly unlocked BIOS, and you need to adjust the speed of the fan, right?

seregaprog

Hello.

Initially I had a question, what are the differences JB20B_001_FUWEI_GX55_PCIE_8336_TCC15_EC1.04_230728B from the default BIOS installed when purchasing GX55 ?

> @Alliwava You mean you need a newly unlocked BIOS, and you need to adjust the speed of the fan, right?

Ideally, an unlocked BIOS where I can change the fan thresholds myself through the settings (but as I understand it, this is not possible)
Or prepare a BIOS with changed fan thresholds (so that the fan starts working at 45 degrees) if possible?

sorry for my bad english :)

Last edited:

Alliwava

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, the fan starts spinning at 45 degrees Celsius by default.
If you want to start spinning at 50 degrees Celsius, we can provide EC, but not unlocked BIOS, because the fan is automatic, and the engineer is worried about affecting the stability of the computer and causing failure.

seregaprog

Hello.
I don't need to unlock the BIOS.
Can you please provide the EC firmware in which the fan starts to turn on at 50 degrees (model GX55)?
Thank you!

Alfredo

Like described in #1, I ran the JB20B_BIOS_Update_Win64.bat. It said not enough privileges, so I ran it with administrative priviliges. Nothing happened or it said update not possible. Then I ran the f.bat and it started the update. When finished, the PC rebooted, but comes not up again. No display, and the power led is blinking every 4 seconds. Have already disconnected and reconntected the BIOS battery, pressed DEL, F1, F2 ... Buttons on power on, but nothing happens. What can I do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeverlyMee